The call for submissions for the first issue of ArcheoLogica Data is now open.
Deadline July 31, 2020
ArcheoLogica Data offers to researchers and professionals the opportunity to publish Open Access articles free of charge, as required by the European community and desired by the ANVUR national directives.
The volume will give space to two types of contributions:
1. Long paper: articles of minimum 30,000 max 50,000 characters (spaces, notes and bibliography included) with the possibility of inserting up to a maximum of 8 colour or b/w images (.jpeg format, 300 dpi resolution).
2. Short paper: synthetic articles of up to 7,500 characters (spaces, notes and bibliography included), with the possibility of inserting up to a maximum of 2 colour or b/w images (.jpeg format, 300 dpi resolution).
Each paper must be linked to one or more datasets. Papers must include 5 keywords and an abstract in English (maximum 1,000 characters, spaces included)). The journal accepts datasets and papers in Italian or English. All contributions will be reviewed by two anonymous referees.
The publication of papers in the journal is contingent on the outcome of the Peer Review procedure, the editorial committee reserves the right to publish, reject or request revisions for the submitted papers.
The papers will be published in electronic format with CC-BY 4.0 license and related DOI. The authors will be required to indicate with which license (between CC0, CC-BY, CC-BY-SA) they intend to release the data in the datasets, except for the Italian cultural heritage photographic documentation which, according to the Italian legal provisions (DL 83 of 31.05.2014, Art Bonus, converted into Law no.106 of 29.07.2014) will necessarily be issued with a CC-BY-NC-SA license.
For more information, see the editorial norms and guide for authors.
Contributions must be sent within the deadline to the firstname.lastname@example.org address in compliance with the authors checklist.
Checklist and deadlines:
By July 31st:
– Send the paper in compatible word format, according to the editorial standard
– Fill in and attach the “Annex A” (dataset description form)
N.B.: Each author is required to indicate affiliation (if any), e-mail address and telephone number. The corresponding author is in charge of communication with the editorial board.
By September 30th:
– Acceptance, reject or request for revisions of the contribution will be communicated to the authors.
By October 31st:
– Send the final version of the paper
– Send the full dataset in compliance with the editorial standard
– Send the consent form for each author (Annex 1) and copy of the identity document
– If needed, send the third parties consent form (for mentions of sensible data of third parties, different from the authors) (Annex 2) and copy of the identity documents.
Publication of the journal issue