The call for submissions for the second issue of ArcheoLogica Data is now open
Deadline May 31st, 2021
ArcheoLogica Data offers researchers and professionals the opportunity to publish Open Access and peer-reviewed articles free of charge, as required by the European community and desired by the ANVUR national directives.
NEW OPPORTUNITIES: The next issue will be mainly dedicated to environmental archaeology. All contributions and datasets that deal with this topic are welcome and will be grouped in a thematic section. Nevertheless, other articles that are not related to the main theme will also be considered for publication in the same issue.
The volume will give space to two types of contributions:
- Long paper: articles of minimum 30,000 max 60,000 characters (spaces, notes and bibliography included) with the possibility of inserting up to a maximum of 15 colour or b/w images (.jpeg format, 300 dpi resolution).
- Short paper: synthetic articles of up to 15000 characters (spaces, notes and bibliography included), with the possibility of inserting up to a maximum of 6 colour or b/w images (.jpeg format, 300 dpi resolution).
Each paper must be linked to one or more datasets, containing the raw information generated during the study (gray literature, photos, drawings, 3D models, shapefiles etc.). Each paper will be published in electronic format with CC-BY 4.0 license and related DOI, and a print format, while the datasets will be stored in the MAPPA Open Data repository (MOD). For more information, see the editorial norms and guide for authors.
The journal accepts datasets and papers in Italian or English. Publication of papers in the journal is contingent on the outcome of the Peer Review procedure. The editorial committee reserves the right to publish, reject or request revisions for the submitted papers.
Contributions must be sent within the deadline to the firstname.lastname@example.org address in compliance with the checklist below.
Checklist and deadlines:
By May 31st:
– Send the paper in compatible word format, according to the editorial norms
– Fill in and attach the Annex A (dataset description form)
– Fill in and attach the Author statement guideline
By July 30th:
– Acceptance, reject or request for revisions of the contribution will be communicated to the authors.
By September 30th:
– Send the final version of the paper
– Send the full dataset in compliance with the editorial norms
– Send the consent form (Annex 1) and a copy of the identity document for each author
– If needed, send the third parties consent form (only if sensible data of third parties, different from the authors, are mentioned in the dataset) (Annex 2) and a copy of the identity documents.
– Publication of the journal issue