The conference will take place at the French Institute for Anatolian Studies, founded in 1930, which has played a significant role in promoting scholarly collaboration between France and Turkey. It is housed in a historic building originally dedicated to dragomans, who were translators appointed by the Ottoman Empire for foreign embassies. This building is located within a larger diplomatic complex where the French Embassy, known as the Palais de France or Fransız Sarayı, was constructed before its relocation to Ankara.
The area is in the core of Modern Istanbul, close to Taksim Square and the street of Istikklal in the Beyoğlu quarter.
Address: Tomtom, Nuri Ziya Sok. No:10, 34433 Beyoğlu/İstanbul, Türkiye
Phone: +90 212 244 17 17
IFEA is situated within a diplomatic district, and as such:
- If you are a participant, your name will be included on the conference list.
- If you are a spectator, conference registrations will open one month prior to the event. Registration is compulsory for entry into the institute.
Upon reaching the main gate, please ring the intercom and inform the security booth that you are attending the IRAAR conference at IFEA and should be listed. To gain access to the premises, you must present a valid ID card or passport.
There are two convenient transportation options to reach Taksim from Istanbul Airport or Sabiha Gökçen Airport:
1 Yellow Taxi:
- From Istanbul Airport, the taxi fare will be approximately 50 euros, payable in Turkish Lira (TL).
- From Sabiha Gökçen Airport, the taxi fare will be around 80 euros, also payable in TL.
2 Shuttle Services:
- HAVABUS from Sabiha Gökçen Airport: The journey takes approximately 90 minutes, and the fare is approximately 150 Turkish Lira, payable in TL only.
- HAVAIST from Istanbul Airport: When booking, select Taksim as your destination and Istanbul Airport as your departure point. The trip takes around 120 minutes, and the fare is about 150 Turkish Lira, payable in TL only.
Practical advice: Exchange a small amount of currency at the airport, as airport exchange rates may be less favorable than in the city center.
These options provide convenient and reliable ways to travel from the airports to Taksim, offering flexibility to suit your preferences and budget.
For more options :
The French Institute for Anatolian Studies (IFEA) has established a partnership with the Büyük Londra Oteli, which is conveniently located near the venue. You can book a room at this hotel for 50 euros per night.
Name: Büyük Londra Oteli
Address: Asmalı Mescit, Meşrutiyet Cd. No:53, 34430 Beyoğlu/İstanbul, Türkiye
Phone: +90 212 245 06 70
To make a reservation, please contact the hotel reception by either calling the provided phone number or sending an email. Be sure to mention that you are making a reservation for an event at IFEA to take advantage of the special rate.